2022 Vintage | 55% Garnacha, 45% Tempranillo
With hints of spice and red fruits on the nose, deAlto is beautifully balanced and offers layers of red berry fruits on the palate, laced with vanilla and hints of mocha and liquorice. 6 months oak ageing.
Master of Wine Giles Cooke has led the winemaking team to craft a range that illustrates the brilliant potential of Rioja, Navarra and La Mancha as well as the quality of fruit that these regions can deliver when respectful, sustainable techniques are maintained. Drawing on the revered, in-depth knowledge of Paul Shinnie and the technical skills of Marta Juega Rivera, wines from Bodega deAlto offer a tantalising taste of contemporary Spain, with a special focus given to cultivating the largely hidden greatness of Grenache. Over a decade’s worth of dedication, travel and experimentation, in part dedicated to successfully unlocking the delicious expressing of Grenache, have culminated in the creation of Bodega deAlto.
Notes about Spain's DOCa designation:
DENOMINACIÓN DE ORIGEN CALIFICADA (D.O.Ca.) must comply with additional requirements those needed for D.O. status, such as:
- Having completed at least ten years under the label of D.O.
- All wine is bottled and sold at the cellar door by officially recognized wineries within the boundaries of the area;
- Having a total control system from production to sales in terms of quality and quantity, including physical, chemical and sensory tests of limited-volume homogeneous batches.
- Not having on the same premises any wine not qualifying as D.O.Ca., except wines from qualified individual estates located within the appellation.
- Having a mapped delineation, village by village, of adequate lands for producing wines qualifying for D.O.Ca. entitlement.